Sunday, September 23, 2007

She put de lime in de coconut ...

I love cupcakes for many reasons: they are super cute, easier on the diet, they seem to always make people smile and maybe, probably a little, because my grandfather use to call me cupcake. Anyhow, it became my thing a few years ago after scoring the recipe from Magnolia Bakery, to make cupcakes for those I love (who do not live near us)on their birthdays and to send off a surprise package! Anyhow, once I saw that Laurie of the Quirky Cupcake was hosting an event I had to participate. I made a Coconut Cupcake which was frosted with a Lime Cream Cheese Frosting. Before frosting them, I did lightly brush the tops with more of the Lime simple syrup. The lime is suspect in these. You only expect coconut and then you bite into it and WOW, you are suddenly on a white sandy beach sipping a tropical drink!

2 comments:

Nirmala said...

Hi. I love cupcakes too. These look yummy.

Unknown said...

Denise,
I've tried these!! thanks a lot for the lovely recipe. cheers.