Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whole Wheat Pasta ...

The lovely Andrea is hosting "Grow Your Own" this month, was not sure we could partake as the weather is killing our garden but we found a few survivors out there, so here we go .....

I wanted to go for a sort of "Thai" or "Asian" taste, on the spicy side for tonights dinner. I browned some garlic and Portuguese chili peppers (the only thing still living in our garden) in olive oil until they were lightly crisp and very fragrant. I used whole wheat pasta because I like the nutty flavor, the texture and it is suppose to be better for us. After cooking the pasta (and draining it) I tossed some left over homemade butter into the pot of noodles, threw in some spinach for color and added the browned garlic mixture, sprinkled some Parmesan on top and we were ready! Very delicious for a dish that came from a near empty fridge and pantry!

2 comments:

Cakespy said...

Oh, I adore whole wheat pasta. I love the slightly "nutty" flavor! Nice mix of flavors!

Andrea said...

I also really like whole wheat pasta, and your dish sounds delicious. I'm so envious of your homemade butter!!!! I wish I could find a local dairy provider so that I could make my own, but I'm still searching. Thanks for a yummy dish for Grow Your Own!