Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Favaish

This week is clean up week at our house. Every couple months, I like to go through the pantry (all of one shelf), the fridge and the freezer (not that we really freeze anything but some bacon &/or pancetta, a bottle of gin, some ice trays, random glasses and the occasional food item that makes it there - the D. of Chez does not believe in frozen food) and we use up everything we have. Actually, I go through the entire house - closets, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen cabinets, etc... and everything that has not been used or thought of in the past few months - GONE! Minimalist. But, we are not here to tell you about your house but rather about what we eat every night for dinner. So, we are back in our kitchen now .... like I said we use up everything we have left. I get very creative and sometimes I come up with some old favorite dish that I kind of forget about or maybe I come up with some new ones that we start using all the time. Tonight it was an old favorite of L.s ... Favaish.

L.'s mother makes favaish and she makes it very good, I will never be able to make it the way Mom does. Mine is probably more noveau but he likes it, too! Unfortunately, the vision I had for it quite did not happen because of the frozen bag of Fava's I used, they ended up being more like mush or split peas - that is why I prefer fresh, but what is a girl suppose to do in the dead of winter! Regardless, when you add a bottle of wine, some crusty french bread, you have a fantastic, flavorful meal!

Apetite Bom!

No comments: