Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Duck Fat Risotto

For one of our holiday celebrations I made Cassoulet. While that bit of heaven was baking all day long, I skimmed off the extra stock and duck fat and tucked it away into the freezer for something special.

Not that cleaning out the kitchen is special but I just knew that special stock would make a wonderful risotto and it did! I kept it very simple, shallots, garlic, a little Thyme, white wine and the hidden gem. Now, L. claims he hates duck, well, he gobbled this up and was quit surprised to learn it was "duck". Served it with some simple sauteed spinach - lots of olive oil, garlic and Meyer lemon zest and the left over bottle of white Burgundy. For dessert we had some of that left over Bittersweet Chocolate Tart. Amazing what you can come up with, with all the things just laying around the kitchen. Too good of a meal for being a Monday.

4 comments:

JNS said...

Coole Blog

Sylvia said...

Cassoulet is my dad´s favorite dish.
Your blog is so nice

Anonymous said...

When you fall in love, it's hard to pass the dinner table. People recall the first time impulse that comes to him kissing his girlfriend is: I was crazy about looking at her meal with relish. Her lips are so cute and sexy; I love to become her Italian pasta. This could be the delicate relation between food and love.
The Valentine's Day is about to come. There's a local feast brewing with love and food which held at food for VooEasy. There are beautiful stories, great music and nice friends. Also heard that there chefs are unique, their food can not only make people salivating, but also with magic. It can make your lover with joy at dinner, and also it helps to convey your love and open your lover's hear.
They called the event "Love is so Delicious", let's go for a look~ (you can click the link below to join)

http://beta.vooeasy.com/

Moree
Chef of the Team 'Love is so Delicious'
Thanks for taking time to read this message. We really appreciate your join.

Dazy said...

I'm making this tonight. I think I'll try to shoot it, but I don't think it will be as pretty as your picture!