Friday, October 12, 2007

Roasted Spaghetti Squash

I remember my mom making this once before, when I was very small. I thought it was funny that you could get spaghetti out of squash. I do not remember ever having since. We were enticed at the grocery last week, so it came home with us and sat on the counter, where we stared each other down until last night.

I roasted it - after I dulled my knifes trying to cut it in half - covered with Spanish Olive oil and salt and pepper. Then I tossed together a sauce of browned butter with sweet Italian peppers, shallots, garlic and capers - sprinkled lightly with Parmesan cheese just before serving!

We are in love with Blue Organic Strawberries - if you can find them, BUY them! We are pretty sure these are the best strawberries in the Bay Area right now. I am so crazy over them, I always buy two boxes ... we eat one and I roast the others! For dessert tonight I used the leftover Tapioca and drizzled some Roasted Strawberries over the top - YUM! The orange flavoring in the pudding with Roasted Strawberries is wonderful!

No comments: