Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sunday Night ........

We came home to find our garden flourishing ...... and fava bean glalore! In honor of the August Monthly Mingle I decided to do something with what is in our garden. First to answer the question of how we try to help the earth? Well, we do have an organic garden growing, hence this meal as well I try to shop locally and organic as much as I can and we also recycle. For dinner, I used all the favas from the garden to make a risotto. I used my basic risotto recipe; but, this time I browned the rice a little before adding the broth and wine. L. is Portuguese and loves spicy and favas so I sauted them with shallots, garlic, olive oil and a spicy red chili. I zested some Meyer Lemon (from a neighbors tree) over the top right before serving!

No comments: