Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ribs! Ribs! Ribs!

Last night we had our friend W. over for a cookout. Warm evening in the city and we were going to take advantage of our beautiful deck & Weber! Started the evening with a bottle of 2004 Tobin James Dusi Vineyard Zinfandel and a Hummus Platter. The food was great and the wine was FANTASTIC - juicy, jammy and spicy all wrapped up in one! We then grilled up some beef short ribs which I had rubbed down with a Chipotle Pepper and Salt rub, that I made earlier in the day. These ribs are really outstanding - full of flavor!! I am drooling just thinking about it - summer addiction for warm nights on the deck! Served it with an Asian Inspired Slaw that I tossed together and then we popped open a 2004 Tobin James French Camp Vineyard Zinfandel - another winner which really complimented the grilled beef, which was slightly spicy as well as the sweetness in the slaw! We ended the night with chocolate anglefood cake which I bought at Whole Foods and covered it with those great strawberries I have been raving about! Fantastic meal for a warm summer night in the city!!!

No comments: